zambra
dropped linnet off at Oolaa's for lunch today with the girls then took Caitlyn to zambra for some afternoon tea. We were circling round for bout half an hour and just couldn't get a spot, so I gave up and stopped the car and told Caitlyn to pray with me and ask Jesus for a spot. One our last round, we got a spot right in front of zambra! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!
fatherhood x2
has been a great 7 weeks as number 2 arrived on June 1! After 7 weeks of very lack of sleep, this week Adelyn has started sleeping thru the 3am feed! Good girl!!! I love seeing my 2 (3?) girls - and marvel at how God has blessed me, and my family so much! I can't imagine a life without Him, and the purpose that has come to my life through Him! Adelyn can cry much, but gives us the occasional big smile, and has really mastered those robotic baby moves as only a newborn can! She's growing so big so fast, and seems much bigger than Caitlyn was at this age! She still has a bit of a cone head at 7 weeks which I think is quite weird, but I think it might be normal? Any expert advice?
work
Rule 1 - don't talk about work in cyberspace
random thoughts
For some reason, I am really interested in how American politics is playing out... Especially with this whole US debt ceiling issue. Just raise the bloody limit and get it over with! 5 simple steps to get the fiscal situation in order:
1) restore short term confidence - raise debt ceiling and stabilize the market...both sides grow up please!
2) cut the subsidies to the big corps- farm/corn, oil, etc. This is not needed and don't let those poor pleading farmers kid you
3) cut govt spending - yes not popular with dems, but too bad, it's not a time for big govt programs
4) raise taxes- yes, there is room to let the tax break for the rich expire. Let's be practical folks
5) stop saving the bloody banks- they don't need to be kept afloat.
In the meantime, I'm keeping my stock portfolio lean. (disclaimer: these are my own and i have no access to information other than my own research and market knowledge) Some positions I have-
LVLT - a play on the growing VOIP market.
MSFT- a ton of cash, a promising mobile OS, still dominant PC Software, and now a nice dividend and less than 8x earnings. BUY!!
BRK/b - who wouldn't wanna hold Berkshire and all the fantastic companies it owns? If Buffett ever goes, stock will drop and I'll buy more
INTC- great play as They coming back with a move into mobile processors and of course THUNDBOLT tech!
others I'm watching: AAPL (never should have sold!), C/JPM/BAC (banks are so cheap that they gotta be screaming cheap at some point!), emerging markets- would look for broad exposure so maybe a mutual fund
Things I wish for my iPad/iPhone
- flash, or at least get HTML5 into more streaming sites!
- more for iPhone- that double-click and swipe bottom to the quick iTunes control... why the heck is there another volume control??? Brightness please? Or at least make that option??
- full edit on contact groups
- speaking of which, why can't I email a whole group by group name???
- make em stop asking me if i want to join networks even if that option is turned off!!
- picture upload into blogger? It's seriously making me contemplating moving my blog... Unless there's and app already??
- photo album- if I get the camera kit, why can't I create new albums to organize photos?? So basic???? How do I use this as my only travel tech??
- font options in notepad??
Anyway enough ranting! Just chillin at a cafe with a "pen" in hand and wanted to write something to nobody after more than a year! Hope it's not another year before I make the next one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment